How’s The Market? Berkeley CA Real Estate Market Trends
Berkeley CA Real Estate Market Trends
While some areas of the country are still recovering from the downturn in 2008, the Berkeley CA real estate market has been red hot for some time. Some say that we are experiencing one of the hottest markets in history. As of May 2014 the median sold price for a single family home for the past six months in Berkeley was $821,500 with a list-to-sales ratio that has been hovering above 110% for the past three years. Why is the market so hot and seeing such growth?
1. Great Schools: Guide to Berkeley Public Schools
2. Great Neighborhoods: Berkeley Neighborhoods
3. Easy Commute: Berkeley is located near four BART stations making an easy commute to San Francisco and surrounding cities. Silicon Valley is also easily accessible by I-880.
4. Culture: Berkeley has so much to offer. Dining and imbibing in Berkeley happen to be our favorite. Berkeley Restaurants
5. UC Berkeley: With over 36,000 students UC Berkeley is the communities anchor. Along with the university come the housing and amenities needed to house all of the professors and students. This means as long as UC Berkeley is in Berkeley, there will be a high demand for its properties and amenities.
How’s The Market?
Such a simple question, but not an easy answer. “The Market” can describe many things from luxury estates, starter homes to investment properties. With a median list-to-sales ratio hovering above 110%, staying on top of Berkeley’s robust market is key to spotting the next big shift. If your’re thinking of selling in a seller’s market as we are currently experiencing in Berekey, it is also important to stay in front of the curve. Below is a current snapshot of Berkeley market trends as a whole. All the reports contained on this page are “live” and are updated on a weekly basis. Bookmark this page to watch the current trends change from week to week.
For a more in-depth picture of the market, or for reports on other East Bay communities, scroll down and fill out the form below to receive FREE weekly updates by email.